Tuesday, February 15, 2011

14 Days and Counting....

So far this is not as hard as I thought it was going to be!  The world seems to be ok with me doing the vegan thing.  Everyone I have told about my new adventure, while curious and concerned, has been very supportive and non judgmental!  Restaurants don't mind making me a veggie plate even if it's not on the menu.  My mom bought me a 12 pack of vegan soup from Costco.  My dad said he was proud of me for learning so much about food and making educated choices, but suggested that I check in with a Dr. to make sure I'm as healthy as I think I am (which I agree is a great idea for anyone trying something new with their diet)!  After only 14 days, I am not as tempted by cheese as I once was. Whole Foods has so many vegan options,  and there are so many cook books and web sites dedicated to this life style!!!

Even the Oprah show did a special on being vegan! Check it out: Vegan on Oprah!

Love,
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! So glad you have a lot of support from family and friends. I'm excited to keep reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete